Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Searching the Web of Beliefs





It's hard to know where to start: I spent my 15 minutes researching on the web and there are so many sites to explore if one is looking for background information on the Iraq Troubles. Here are some ideas for keywords to use in a google search as well as specific sites. There were many,many interesting sites on the list. Please visit more than just these.

First, "history of Iraq war" brings up many, many sites, including Wikipedia.

www.mideastweb.org/iraq.htm looks like a good one for a basic, unbiased (as far as I can tell) history of the region. I learned quite a bit just reading it. They also have interesting info on the Palestinian/Israeli conflict and its history.

www.historyguy.com/no_fly_zone_war.html seems to be a more military POV history site.

I also tried "Iraq War June 2007" and got some up to date news articles.
check out www.arabnews.com using those key words.

try googling "solutions toIraq war" and you will find some interesting sites:
www.squidoo.com/Iraq_solution and www.iht.com/articles (international Herald Tribune) and www.earthfuture.com. I think the latter has "101 ways to end the Iraq war".

Think of your own keywords and let us know what you found. Get creative - be relentless - for 15 minutes.

See, lots of people are thinking about it and trying to reason out solutions. When you read these, remember to ask those questions about the sources.

Note: This fascinating photo came up when I googled "free images of islam" (don't want to steal). It first appeared on someone's blog. will try to find the source.

2 comments:

re said...

I agree with you there was alot of sites that had things about the war. There was this site that I visit and you have it on your blog, it was www.mideastweb.org/iraq.htm. Good blog.

Anonymous said...

The web of belief and Iraq discussion really helped me out alot. I was not really educated on that topic, but after hearing what everyone else had to say I started to get a better understanding.